Who We Are
We are the local Democratic Party organization for the 37th Legislative District in Washington State. We believe that politics is the art of bringing folks together to solve problems. We are committed to creating a more perfect democracy by helping to elect and support local Democrats through donations and direct action.
Where We Are
The 37th District is comprised of portions of the following communities:
- Rainer Valley
- Central District
- Columbia City
- Mount Baker
- Rainier Beach
- Beacon Hill
- Seward Park
- Capitol Hill
The 37th District is an exciting, thriving , diverse community, with wonderful parks, public sites, and historic areas. If you are unsure if you live in the 37th District, you can check here!
We hold regular monthly membership meetings on the second Monday of each month from 7:00 – 9:00pm. At our meetings we hear from guest speakers on a range of important topics, as well as elected officials and candidates for elected office. Everyone is welcome. For the time being our meetings are being held virtually, via Zoom. Please sign up for our e-newsletter to receive meeting notifications and details.
We have a number of rules for our meetings, as noted below.
- Bring a positive attitude to the meeting
- Assume good intent
- Agree to disagree
- Ensure our meeting is a safe place
- Everyone’s opinion is valuable
- The chair will ensure good time management
- Speak when recognized by the chair
- Comments should be on topic
- Non-urgent comments or suggestions should be addressed to the chair or members of the executive board after the meeting
- Do not interrupt the person who has the floor
- Put your cell phones on silent or vibrate and take calls outside the meeting room